Bring the gift of health, clarity, and connection to your Business
We offer customized yoga classes, mindfulness programs, business wellness retreats, and special event presentations. Our skilled and experienced staff can develop a private session for you and family, friends, a bridal party, or as a team-building program for a business or organization. We skillfully weave together modern practices with ancient wisdom in our keynote presentations and classes for conferences, retreats and gatherings.
We have a variety of programs and formats, adaptable to fit in business settings and conferences. Our process starts with a phone call to assess your needs, followed by an in-office meeting, possibly with a short demonstration. After that we’ll offer a proposal for a customized program that meets your requirements and budget.
Yoga Farm offers discounted corporate membership rates for all your employees to enjoy yoga and related classes here on the farm before work, after work, or on the weekends. Click here to read more about the perks of a Yoga Farm membership, including unlimited drop-in yoga classes, discounts on workshops and courses, and a free 30 minute health consultation with one of our certified yoga professionals.
OnSite Yoga and Mindfulness
Yoga Farm will send one of our qualified, energetic and professional yoga instructors to your workplace to lead your employees in weekly classes, in a multi week series or as a one-time event. This can be before work, after work, or during the lunch hour. We specialize in efficient, effective classes that run 30 - 60 minutes.
This program can be run multiple times in a row, for different groups of people, or to add additional tools and reinforcement to the basic program. After the program is complete, we continue to work with participants through a graduate-only area of our website and optional Skype video refreshers.
Lunch and Learn Sessions
Yoga Farm will send one of our qualified health and wellness coaches to your workplace to offer a seminar in wellness education. Sample topics include:
3 Keys to Rapid Decision Making
Overcome Anxiety and Depression & Live a Life of Fulfillment and Joy
How to Step into Courageous Action in Service
Refresh your Passion & Purpose in the Workplace
Find Your Why, Overcome Obstacles, Realize Success
LunchTime Energy Break
Yoga Farm will send one of our seasoned health and wellness coaches to your workplace to host a mid-day energy pickup session, based in simple practices of meditation and Chi Gong that employees can learn for sustained use. Offer your employees this healthy alternative to their afternoon cup of coffee!
The Conference or Retreat Recharge
We all know about those day-long or multi-day conferences! Breakfast, sit and listen and talk all morning, lunch, more sitting all afternoon, dinner, networking, etc... The day is seemingly endless and it is hard to keep up our energy!
We’ll jump in with morning easy yoga to get the body warmed up, then provide some fun movement and breathing and team exercises before lunch or mid-afternoon. Our programs build energy, clarity and focus — just what your conference needs!
Here are some recent topics:
- 3 Keys to Sustained Happiness
- Practical Tools to Live a Life of Fulfillment and Joy
- How to Step into Courageous Action in Service
- Refresh your Passion & Purpose in the Workplace
- Find Your Why, Overcome Obstacles, Realize Success
As we gradually quiet the mind and embrace the present moment, as it is, we find greater ease and joy in life. In today’s busy world, this isn’t very easy to do! The relevant practices of yoga, meditation and mindfulness give us practical tools to bring the body and mind together, in the present.
We offer simple, practical techniques in many formats and environments that anyone can do to create ease in the body and peace in the mind and heart.
We have given talks and classes at: Local organizations, business, libraries, service groups including Rotary and Lions Club, teachers retreats, schools, non-profits and other health related businesses.
Yoga Farm Retreats
Join us at Yoga Farm for full weekend or half- or full-day retreats. Offering leadership coaching, teamwork development, interpersonal conflict resolution, inspirational strategies for better office communication and teamwork training, leading to increased teamwork and
The Radiance course curriculum is available as a private retreat, scheduled for your work team.
This can be planned for a time and place of mutual convenience.
These private team or family retreats can focus on any of the topics in our Radiance Course curriculum, determined during our intake process. Generally these retreats assist participants to resolve conflicts and establish:
...to create a high-performing, caring, activated team or family.
We also offer the Radiance Course weekend retreats at other centers around the country.
Yoga for Schools
Our yoga teachers have a background in education, and we are passionate about bringing the benefits of yoga into the school environment. We often teach classes right after school ends, for teachers, administrators and staff. We can also lead workshops and provide materials to assist teachers in bringing basic mindfulness practices into the classroom.
why Yoga for COrporate Wellness?
Why choose our corporate wellness program? Our offerings use methods in yoga, body work, and meditation to:
Alleviate stress, anxiety, fatigue
- Stress costs U.S. companies about $300 billion annually through absenteeism, diminished productivity, employee turnover and direct medical, legal and insurance fees. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Stress is the cause of nearly 90% of doctor visits in the U.S. (The American Institute for Stress)
- Aetna, partnering with Duke University School of Medicine, found that one hour of yoga a week decreased stress levels in employees by a third, reducing health care costs by an average of $2,000 a year.
- The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index surveyed 94,000 workers across 14 major occupations in the U.S. Of the 77% of workers who fit the survey’s definition of having a chronic health condition (asthma, cancer, depression, diabetes, heart attack, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or obesity), the total annual costs related to lost productivity totaled $84 billion.
- An Oxford University meta-analysis of nine randomized trials in Europe and North America (2016) found that mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MCBT) was more effective at reducing relapses of depression (over a 60-week follow-up period) than maintenance antidepressant medication. Also, mindfulness therapy was found to be especially effective for people with more severe depressive symptoms.
- In 2014, the Family Physicians Inquiries Network separately analyzed three systematic reviews of studies (spanning 2,000+ participants) on yoga’s effect on depression, anxiety and stress. The doctors found that across multiple RCTs, using varied yoga interventions and diverse study populations, yoga typically improved overall symptom scores for anxiety and depression by about 40%, both by itself and as an adjunctive treatment.
- Depressive illness, a common side effect of job stress in employees, is associated with nearly 10 annual sick days.
- The National Institute of Mental Health estimates that U.S. employers lose $70 billion a year due to absenteeism, lost productivity and disability caused by mental distress.
- The National Safety Council reported that companies lose $2 - $3 in productivity for every dollar spent on direct employee medical costs.
- An EBRI study shows that:
- 71% of employees say “benefits package offerings are extremely or very important to their job satisfaction.”
- 55% are somewhat likely to accept a job with lower pay, if offered better benefits.
- 36% say better benefits packages would encourage them to keep their current jobs.
- 15% have quit or declined a position due to the benefits.
Raise Job Satisfaction
- A CareerBuilder survey finds that 44% of employees say that they have gained weight in their present job.
- Those claims were backed up by a Refresh Leadership poll that said the top three ways people said that their job affected their health were weight gain, neck/back pain, and reduced energy levels.
Reduce health risks
- A 2016 study from Columbia University researchers, that tracked older people from 2005-2015 (80%-plus who were already diagnosed with osteoporosis or its precursor) analyzed (via X-rays) what 12 minutes of daily or near-daily yoga (12 assigned poses) would do over those ten years. The result: a reversal of bone loss, and improved bone density of the spine and femur.
- A small UCLA study (2016) found that a weekly regime of yoga and meditation could forestall age-related mental decline. They tested older adults with early memory issues: one group did a well-established brain-training program (with classroom time and mental exercises), while the other did Kundalini yoga and Kirtan Kriya meditation (involving repeating a mantra and repetitive hand movements). Yoga and meditation topped the benefits of 12 weeks of brain training for improving
A randomized clinical trial (year 2016 - 342 adults) from University of Washington, Seattle researchers found that Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (8 weeks of once-a-week training in mindfulness meditation and yoga) resulted in significantly greater improvement in back pain and functional limitations at 26 weeks than usual care (prescription opioids, etc.). 44% of participants doing the meditation/yoga training reported meaningful pain reduction versus the 27% of those undergoing usual care/prescription painkillers, etc.
A University of Virginia systematic review of 25 clinical trials concluded that yoga may improve risk indices for patients with type 2 diabetes, including: glucose tolerance, insulin sensitivity, lipid profiles, blood pressure, oxidative stress, coagulation profiles and pulmonary function. Further, yoga may hold promise for preventing cardiovascular complications within this population.